The Witchford School Sports Partnership
The Witchford School Sports Partnership aims to increase participation in physical education and school sport through a variety of programmes. These include; upskilling school staff to deliver high quality PE lessons, employing PE Specialists to support staff in school, running primary and secondary school sports competitions and festivals, delivering leadership training, running Bikeability courses for safer cycling and linking with local community clubs to increase participation.
We cover the geographic area East Cambridgeshire and Fenland and link with 52 primary schools, 7 secondary schools and 3 special schools. This year, we have:
- run over 30 primary competitions with over 4,000 primary aged pupils taking part
- trained over 500 sports leaders
- trained 650 children in Bikeability
- delivered training to over 200 staff and parents
- delivered over 1,200 hours of high quality coaching to over 3,000 young people
- supported 38 schools to develop their PE provision through our Primary PE Specialists
- Accessed further funding to run additional programmes and opportunities
One of our successful funding bids was gaining £9,882 from the Sport England Small Grants programme to develop tennis opportunities for people aged 14 +. We have introduced a new tennis programme at Witchford Village College on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings to offer members of the local community an opportunity to come and try tennis in a fun and sociable environment. Details of this programme can be found on our website: www.witchfordssp.co.uk and our Facebook page: Witchford Sports Partnership.
If you would like to find out more about the Witchford Sports Partnership please contact: Di Baker, Partnership Manager on 01353 662053 ext 165 or email DBaker@witchfordvc.co.uk or visit our website: www.witchfordssp.co.uk