Held at Bar 62 on Saturday 14th March, the ladies and their families attended the presentation and received their prizes.
Each of the women had amazing stories and very emotional to hear but each had one thing in common; their audacity to life itself. No matter what life has thrown at them, they have excelled and always put others and their family before themselves.
- Barbara Gould, nominated by daughter Rebecca and wins a Case of Cream Tea from Lauren at Ditsy Daisy.
- Jeanette Biggadike was nominated by daughter Jemma and wins the Padded Notice Board by Kirsty at Serendipities.
- Nominated by daughter Lucy was Christine Skipper who takes away a one of a kind necklace created by Tali from Tallulah Does The Hula.
- Lynda from Sew Vintage Modern gave a Handmade Clutch/Tablet Case to Christine Thomas who was nominated by daughter Kellie.
- Patricia Richardson was nominated by her daughter, Debbie. She won the Cream Cushion from Sarah at the Little Gift Shop.
- Nadia nominated her mother-in-law to be, Carole Hart and she took home the limited edition print from Emma Sadler Photography
- Kathy Westley was also a winner and nominated by daughter Debbie, winning a prize package & vouchers from Jenny at Needle Doodles.
- Amie Nash, nominated her mum Trudy Buckingham. She won the Case of Cream Teas from Lauren at Ditzy Daisy.
[gss link=”none” ids=”6235,6236,6237,6238,6239,6240,6241″ orderby=”rand”]
The winners above we’re selected by a panel representing the Facebook Group, Handmade in Ely.
We also presented an extra Special Prize to the lovely Poppy. Poppy was the young lady who found a bunny by the canon in the Cathedral grounds and posted it on Spotted in Ely page. The photo was seen by more than 36,000 people and shared so many times we lost track. She took the lost bunny home and had a tea-party with her own teddy’s and kept the bunny safe until the owner came to collect him.
Poppy who is just 3 showed a remarkable act of kindness and thanks to our friends at the City Cycle Centre Toy Department, was given a rucksack, doll and her very own bunny.
A massive thank you also goes to Sainsburys for the winners flowers.