Day-to-day duties may include:
- Assisting with general maintenance.
- Assisting with deliveries.
- Operating and regularly checking systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security Undertake minor repairs) and maintenance of the buildings and site.
- Arrange emergency repairs.
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks.
- Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales.
- Monitor stock and order supplies.
- Undertake general portage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school.
- Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately.
Requirements and prospects
- Physically fit
- Able to communicate
- Keen to learn new tasks
- 4 GCSE’s D or above
Possible full-time role as a maintenance assistant or school caretaker.
Things to consider
Some duties may be physically demanding. Shift work includes early mornings and late evenings, between 6am and 10pm.
About the employer
Educational Setting in a secondary school with approximately 1100 students. A busy yet interesting working environment. They have an opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
- Maintenance Operations Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Building Maintenance Multi-Trade Repair and Refurbishment L2 NVQ Diploma
- Building Maintenance Multi-Trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations L2 Diploma
- Functional Skills English L1
- Functional Skills Maths L1
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Suffolk College
Richard Stittle firstname.lastname@example.org