Omega Diagnostics Ltd
Seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join our friendly team. The role involves the bottling, compilation, packing and labelling of reagents and finished kits for medical diagnostic use. Working in both the Production (bottling) and final kit Packing departments.
Seeking team members who are aligned to the company’s core values and willing to make a positive contribution to the team.
Main duties are the bottling and processing of reagents for medical diagnostic kits and the packing of finished kits. Utilising and maintaining laboratory mechanical equipment to facilitate this. Must be methodical, efficient and practical. All necessary training will be given. Experience in a fast moving laboratory or manufacturing environment would be useful. Experience of a computerised stock system would be advantageous. IT skills essential.
- Bottling and labelling of liquid reagents for medical diagnostic kits.
- Compilation of kits from individual components, counting out and issuing correct quantities.
- Packing finished kits to fulfil orders, ensuring the correct components are selected.
- Use and maintenance of laboratory mechanical bottling and capping equipment.
- Use and maintenance of packing equipment/ printers.
- Control of stock levels of bottled reagents, materials and laboratory consumable items.
- Record keeping: keeping complete and accurate documentation to ensure traceability.
- Vigilant for any non-conforming items, ensuring these do not make it into final kits.
- Ensuring line clearance for all processes.
- Labelling all items accurately, label sign off.
- Use of computerised stock system (SAGE).
- Use of computerised document control (Q Pulse).
- Liaising with other departments about component and kit requirements.
- Checking packing SOPs to ensure accuracy.
- Keeping work areas clean, tidy and organised.
- Contribute to continual improvement within the departments and share ideas with colleagues.
- Flexible and willing to take on varied tasks/ multi task.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Follow set procedures accurately.
- Good time management and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be careful, efficient and practical
- Embrace and uphold the values and ethos of the company.
- Must work within a team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Adherence to good practice (GMP) and follows instructions accurately
- Customer Focus: takes responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Accountability: actively asks “what more can I do”
- Collaboration: supports colleagues, clear communication and celebrates success
- Respect & Honesty: open and transparent, treats others well and builds trust with others
- Team focused
- Carries out duties in a timely and positive manner
- Sets high standards and leads by example
- Patient & enthusiastic
Qualifications & Experience:
- Computer literate.
- Maths and English GCSE or higher.
- Mental arithmetic skills.