The Stock Shop, a well-established ladies fashion and giftware retailer are looking for a full-time IT professional to work in our Head Office in Ely. This is a stand-alone position working Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm.
Our IT Support Technician is responsible for daily operational IT support including installing, upgrading, and maintenance of our IT services. You will also be responsible for investigating and diagnosing IT service problems. You will be confident working in a stand-alone role liaising with users, colleagues and suppliers to resolve issues, deliver requests and maintain overall service performance across our sites.
• Define the contribution that IT can make to business objectives
• Provide comprehensive IT support and guidance throughout the business
• Liaise with our external IT support providers
• Define, document and implement the safe execution of small-scale IT projects
• Install, upgrade, and maintain our IT services
• Investigate and diagnose service issues, working with users and staff as appropriate
• Maintain software versions and software licensing to support business operations
• Troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
• Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups
• Generate reports
• Implement and maintain IT and General Data Protection Regulation Policy
• Minimum of 2 years in an IT support role
• Experience of Windows operating systems
• Experience of TCP/IP networking and printing equipment
• Experience in database administration of Microsoft SQL server
• ASP/C# development for internal website
• Knowledge of MS Exchange/Outlook, SQL
• Advanced troubleshooting, desktop/laptop client support
• Experience of telephone system administration
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• A passion for IT and IT systems
• NAV C/AL development
• Patch/AV management
• Windows domain management (Active Directory / Group Policy)
The successful candidate will work on a mix of operational work (monitoring, maintaining and fixing existing IT systems) and project delivery (typically implementing new hardware/software.)
To apply, please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the role in more detail please call 01353 666322 (Extn. 602) to contact our HR department.
The Stock Shop is an established family run business providing retail therapy since 1988. We operate throughout the UK in NHS hospitals, offering ladies fashion, accessories and gifts. We pride ourselves on our exciting range of products and high quality customer service.