Website Busy Fingers Pre-school
We have an exciting opportunity for an inspiring, experienced Early Years leader to manage our friendly, popular pre-school from September 2019.
Busy Fingers is a purpose-built pre-school based in the village of Little Downham, near Ely, and recently received a Good rating from Ofsted.
At Busy Fingers, our aim is to provide the children who attend with a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment in which they can develop emotionally and intellectually to their full potential. We aim to provide a setting where we enhance development and education by building on what individual children know and can do.
Key responsibilities of the Manager:
- To be a motivating and supportive manager, leading the pre-school team to deliver excellent childcare in line with the EYFS Statutory Framework
- To effectively supervise staff on a daily basis; to be responsible for monitoring the quality of teaching
- To be responsible for providing a high quality of education and learning, to offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children attending the setting, to ensure progress is effectively monitored through observations, assessments and planning
- To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is promoted within the setting and that any child protection concerns are always acted upon appropriately and immediately
- To communicate effectively with the parents/carers, the Committee of trustees, Ofsted services and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Level 3 or 4 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Have at least two years’ proven experience of working in an early years care and education setting or at least two years’ other suitable experience.
- Possess demonstrable management and leadership skills
- Be passionate about leading the development of the pre-school and have a drive for continuous improvement of the setting’s offering and performance
- Be warm and approachable and have excellent communication skills
Hours of work: 24 hours per week, Monday – Friday, term time only.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Please contact Liz Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description and application form.
Closing date for applications – Monday 17th June 2019
Busy Fingers Preschool is committed to the safeguarding of children and the appropriate checks will be made prior to appointment.