Website Witchford Rackham Pre-School
Outstanding Pre-School based in the village of Witchford
DEPUTY MANAGER VACANCY
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Early Years practitioner to join our outstanding Pre-School.
Witchford Rackham Pre-School is a friendly committee led Pre-School near Ely, which aims to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for all children, regardless of their background.
Rated as ‘Outstanding’ in its last Ofsted inspection in 2016, the staff and committee work collaboratively to further the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of the children so that they achieve their full potential. The setting provides a fun and play-based learning approach where children’s views are valued and respected. Our aim is to ensure that all children enjoy the learning opportunities on offer, that they feel safe whilst at play and that they engage with their learning from an early age, developing the key skills needed for their future selves.
The Deputy Manager’s role:
- To be an approachable, supportive and motivating deputy manager, capable of leading the Pre-School team under the direction of the manager to deliver excellent physical, emotional, social and intellectual childcare in line with the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- To prioritise the safeguarding and welfare of all children and ensure that any child protection issues are addressed immediately and appropriately.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with the Pre-school team, ensuring high levels of daily supervision, support and development opportunities, resulting in outstanding care and education for all children at the setting.
- To be a key person to group of children
- Take on the roles of ENCO, Health and Safety officer, second designated Child Protection and second SENDco.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a full Level 3 Early Years qualification in childcare.
- Have proven experience of working in an early years care and education setting.
- Have a proven ability to plan and implement a Pre-School curriculum, which demonstrates a detailed knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years.
- Possess demonstrable management and leadership skills.
- Be warm and approachable with excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who not only has the training and experience but who is also an enthusiastic team player, approachable both to staff and families and most importantly who put the children at the top of their priorities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Reference checks will be required as well as a full DBS check.
This is a full-time permanent position between the hours of 8.30 – 15:45 term-time only.
Please contact Carole Tuck, Manager on 01353 666782, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description and application form.
Closing date for applications is Monday 24 February 2020 3:30pm
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 2 March 2020.