Witchford Rackham Pre-School
Witchford Rackham Pre-School
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Early Years practitioner to lead our outstanding Pre-School from September 2019.
Witchford Rackham Pre-School is a friendly committee led Pre-School near Ely, which aims to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for all children, regardless of their background.
Rated as ‘Outstanding’ in its last Ofsted inspection in 2016, the staff and committee work collaboratively to further the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of the children so that they achieve their full potential. The setting provides a fun and play-based learning approach where children’s views are valued and respected. Our aim is to ensure that all children enjoy the learning opportunities on offer, that they feel safe whilst at play and that they engage with their learning from an early age, developing the key skills needed for their future selves.
The Manager’s role:
- To be an approachable, supportive and motivating manager, capable of leading the Pre-School team to deliver excellent physical, emotional, social and intellectual childcare in line with the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- To prioritise the safeguarding and welfare of all children and ensure that any child protection issues are addressed immediately and appropriately.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with the Pre-school team, ensuring high levels of daily supervision, support and development opportunities, resulting in outstanding care and education for all children at the setting.
- To develop and build upon effective communication links with the parents and/or carers, the Management Committee, Ofsted services, the local community and other professionals as necessary.
- To be responsible for developing a stimulating and inspiring curriculum which demonstrates excellent learning and development opportunities for all children and ensuring that progress is rigorously monitored through observations, assessments and planning.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a full Level 3 or 4 Early Years qualification in childcare.
- Have at least two years’ proven experience of working in an early years care and education setting or at least two years’ other suitable experience.
- Have a proven ability to plan and implement a Pre-School curriculum, which demonstrates a detailed knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years.
- Possess demonstrable management and leadership skills.
- Be warm and approachable with excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who not only has the training and experience but who is also an enthusiastic team player, approachable both to staff and families and most importantly who put the children at the top of their priorities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Reference checks will be required as well as a full DBS check.
This is a full-time permanent position between the hours of 8.15am-16.00pm term-time only.
Overtime is paid with the prior agreement of the Management Committee.
Salary is competitive, dependent on experience and is available on request.
Please contact us on 01353 665007/ 07813174743 or email email@example.com for a job description and application form.
Closing date for applications is Monday 12th August 2019.
Interviews will commence the beginning of September 2019.