Schools across the country are on high alert after receiving bomb threats today.
The National Crime Agency said “a number of threatening emails” had been sent to schools this morning.
The National Crime Agency is investigating the threats together with police.
In a statement the agency said: “We understand that these types of emails can be distressing and while we take the communications extremely seriously we must stress there is no credible threat.
“We would ask that anyone receiving such an email contact their local police.”
Schools in our area were among those sent malicious emails today, stating that a bomb had been placed on school premises.
The hoax has coincided with many primary school children sitting their Year 2 and Year 6 SATS exams.
On March 28 the National Crime Agency and police arrested an 18-year-old man in the Abbots Langley area of Hertfordshire on suspicion of making malicious communications.
Schools in our area were among those to receive an email on March 27, threatening to kill children by driving a car into pupils as they left the premises.
On March 21 police arrested a 19-year-old man in Watford on suspicion of blackmail and making malicious communications, following mass bomb threats to schools across the UK.