Local firm G & J Peck Ltd or better known as Pecks has been a leader in the area for agricultural supplies for over 150 years and this week it marks a new dot within its long history as it moves from its base on Lisle Lane to a much larger and more suitable accommodation at the ever growing Lancaster Way Business Park.
Founded in 1846 by father & Son, George and John Peck who started a ironmongers and blacksmiths in the centre of Ely, Pecks is now a 24/7 operation with several depots in the region but always had its head office here in Ely. The company employs more than 130 people.
Pecks have been in the building since 1979 on Lisle Lane and now does not meet the needs of one of the oldest businesses in the area.
90 Lancaster Way is now the new home of Pecks and the building should serve the needs of local farmers for years to come.
Courier and Read more […]