“Don’t feed the plants!” Experience this beloved cult-classic like never before!
Just in time for those dark wintery nights, Campaign Amateur Theatre (CAT) is bringing the much-loved Little Shop of Horrors to the Maltings in Ely this November. Coming to life on stage with a live, nine-piece band, this retro sci-fi comedy musical will have you dancing in the aisles.
There’s no way out for the residents of Skid Row; stuck and out of luck at a failing flower shop, where Seymour Krelborn dreams of marrying Audrey, the love of his life. When he stumbles across a new breed of plant, like nothing he’s ever seen before, green-fingered Seymour does his best to help it grow. As the plant grows stronger, great things start to happen to Seymour and it promises unending fame and fortune, but most of all… love. And as the lives of our heroes take a dark turn, how far will Seymour have to go to make his dreams come true?
Join Seymour as he ascends from rags to riches with a little help from something outta this world!
This talented cast includes includes theatre regulars:
- David Blaikie (Blithe Spirit, A. Midsummer Night’s Dream – ADS),
- Gemma Crossland (Oliver – CAT),
- Vaughan Moll (Goodnight Mr Tom, Hi De Hi – Viva),
- Daryl Edwards (The Twelfth Night – ADS),
- Jacob Nightingale (Rock of Ages – Ruby Red, Bonnie & Clyde – Wilburton TG),
- Amy Noonan (Brassed Off – Viva, Rock of Ages – Ruby Red),
- Amy Roberts (Sister Act – Viva & CAT, Hairspray – Viva, Bonnie & Clyde – Wilburton TG), and
- Shelley James (Wedding Singer – CAT, Big Fish – Wilburton TG),
Plus an extremely high class ensemble. Directed by Stephanie Peachey (The Twelfth Night – ADS) and musically directed by Maria McElroy (Wedding Singer – CAT, Bonnie & Clyde – Wilburton TG).
Performances are from Wednesday 13th to Saturday 16th November, 7.30pm at The Maltings. Ely.
Tickets are £13 or £10 for under 12s and are available online
You can also book tickets by calling CAT direct on 07395 671 726.
Press release from CAT Theatre Company